October 3 and 4, 2009 (9 a.m.–5 p.m.)
Learn about photographic lighting and be able to apply it immediately for portrait photography in just two days!
Day 1-Primer on Lighting will discuss lighting concepts and techniques. It will enable the participants to learn the fundamental principles of lighting, master the primary controllable characteristics of light , and become familiar with the different lighting tools used in the studio and on location.
Day 2-Lighting for Portrait Photography will cover the following topics:
- Light metering and ratio control
- Lighting set ups
- Lighting and other studio equipment needed in taking portraits
- Lighting approaches for the key light (broad, short, split, butterfly)
- Lighting roles in portraiture
+ formal portrait
+ fashion and beauty
+ high key
+ low key
Workshop fee is P4,000 inclusive of handouts, studio equipment use, model’s fee, lunch, and certificate.
Digital 101: Photography and the Computer
October 10 and 17 (9a.m.–5 p.m.)
This workshop is designed for digital camera users who want to learn the basics of photography. It discusses the following:
- Factors affecting photographic output
- Basic understanding of light
- The digital camera and its functions
- Exposure setting
- How to see and take better pictures
- Basic image and output manipulation
A workshop fee of P4,000 includes handouts, lunch, computer use, and certificate. Cash or check payment can be made at the library or through bank deposit.
Facilitated by Jay Alonzo, both workshops will be held at the Filipinas Heritage Library, Makati Avenue, Ayala Triangle, Makati City (across The Peninsula Manila).
For more details, please call 892-1801, send an SMS to 0917-5594417, e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.filipinaslibrary.org.ph.