In line with this, we are now accepting short film entries showcasing the region's culture and heritage. The film should be made in 2010 and by filmmakers residing in the region. Deadline for entries is on or before Oct. 31 at 5 pm.
The winners of the competition will receive cash prizes and certificates of participation, and the winning films will have the chance to be screened in NCCA's Cinemarehiyon 2011 in Davao City in February.
Here are the detailed rules and guidelines for submission:
1. All entries should be original. It is encouraged that the filmmaker use original music for their films, but if this is not the case, she or he should secure permission to use copyrighted materials appearing in the film.
2. The filmmaker/s should be residents of any of Calabarzon provinces namely, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon. Filmmaker should submit proof of residence (cedula, ID indicating address, barangay clearance, etc.).
3. The film should be made in 2010 and should showcase the region's culture and heritage, specifically that of the filmmaker's province.
4. Entries should be a short film. All film genres (e.g. narrative, documentary, experimental, animation) are accepted. Running time should not exceed 20 minutes, but longer films may be considered for valid reasons but should not exceed 60 minutes.
5. A filmmaker may submit more than one entry, but there is no guarantee that all will be screened. A shortlist of finalists will be released in early November.
6. The film should have English subtitles in consideration of foreign audience.
7. Filmmaker should submit duly accomplished submission form, one (1) DVD format and one (1) AVI file of the film, trailer in AVI format, and poster in CD form.
8. Shortlisted filmmakers should attend the three-day film festival on Dec. 9-11 at UP Los Baños.
9. The organizers reserve the right not to show the film deemed unsuitable for general patronage. Filmmaker should notify the organizers if the film contains explicit language and images.
10. Winners will receive cash prizes and certificate of participation. The winning film has the chance to be screened in NCCA's Cinemarehiyon 2011 in Davao City.
11. All entries should be received on or before Oct. 31 at 5:00 pm. Send your entries to Katrina Ross Tan, Department of Humanities, 2nd Floor, CAS Annex 1 Bldg., UP Los Banos.
Submission form and other pertinent documents could be foundat PeliKultura's Facebook fanpage (http://www.facebook.com/pages/PeliKultura-The-2010-Calabarzon-Film-Festival/164503056897225?ref=ts).
For inquiries, contact the pelikulab Secretariat email@example.com and 0916.375.1339.