Know the latest news, events and other happenings in Philippine art and culture scene! Here you can find updates on Filipino art exhibits, film festivals, cultural summit, Philippine art contests and other events. Announcements of forthcoming events may be sent to philippineartscene@yahoo.com. This site is dedicated for Filipino artists, art aficionados and the public at large in the Philippines and other parts of the world!

Philippine Art Scene | Privacy Policy

Subscribe To Posts

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Archive

Followers

Search For Philippine Art Events

Google
 

SPONSOR

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pinoy Fauvist Hits the Town with "Out of Town"



Pinoy artist Jake Catah lights up the town this December 9, 2011, 6pm with his 5th solo exhibit, “Out of Town” at the Ysobel Art Gallery, 2nd floor, The Shops at Serendra, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.

Catah, 36, is a self-described Fauvist. His latest work reflects the colorful vibrancy of his favored genre but with tinges of surrealism thrown in for good measure.

“I suppose there are hints of Dali in there,” says Catah, referring to the Spanish surrealist painter. “But it’s all Filipino as far as I’m concerned. I may be influenced by western styles but my aim is to preserve Filipino culture and traditions through my artwork. It’s one of my missions as a Filipino artist - to uphold Filipino dignity.”

“Out of Town” is certainly Filipino. Its focus is the all-familiar road trip, something Pinoys can readily identify with. From twisting rides through the Philippine countryside to mind-bending airplane rides through the urban sky, Catah captures the quintessential Pinoy activity – traveling – with a deft eye and incisive heart.

“I create moments I would like to cherish,” he explains. “And I want my viewers to feel a positive outlook in life too – which is why my paintings are vividly colored and subjects are family and love. With ‘Out of Town’, however, I’m not only making feel-good moments. I’m exploring the theme of traveling and movement, whether it’s the physical experience of driving with the wind in your hair, or the spiritual change we all experience as we live and journey through life.”

Catah’s work, like the theme of his exhibit, is also evolving. “I’ve been painting for 12 years now. It’s all I do. And I’m happy for the progress and success I’ve been given. ‘Out of Town’ is probably a reflection of my own voyage as a human being, my own travels up steep hills and down winding roads. It’s a journey I’m enjoying and I hope others have as much fun experiencing my work as I have creating it.”

“Out of Town” runs from the 9th to the 22nd of December. For inquiries, please call/email 09285071117, 09332227952 or ysobelartgallery@yahoo.com.

About: Ysobel Art Gallery started last March 2011. It is home to a vast collection of art work from various established and upcoming artists. Its collection leans more towards contemporary art.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Link With Us!

Support Philippine Art | Philippine Art Scene! If you wish to link back to this site, place this small text link: [ Philippine Art Scene] in your Blog's "Links area" or "Blogroll" by highlighting, right-clicking, copying the code below, and pasting it into your Blog's html template.

Welcome to Philippine Art Scene!

To view the latest Philippine art news and events, simply click on the labels and buttons below and in the sidebar.

Philippine Art Categories
Philippine Art
Philippine Art Contests
Philippine Cinema
Philippine Dance
Philippine Exhibit
Philippine Gallery
Philippine Literature
Philippine Fashion
Philippine Museum
Philippine Music
Philippine Painting
Philippine Photography
Philippine Theater
Filipino Artist

Philippine Art Spaces: Galleries & Museums
















Philippine Art Institutions


























More Philippine art categories will be added soon....

All Rights Reserved By:Philippine Art Scene.